Friday, February 17, 2006

 

My Bio




"Anything you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
~ Goethe






I grew up in St. Louis, MO and moved to the Bay Area to attend art school when I was 20.  I discovered yoga in 1989, when I was invited by a friend to a class at The Yoga Room in Berkeley for a class with renowned teacher Rodney Yee. Immediately drawn to the challenges, the philosophy, and the discipline of this practice that paralleled that of artmaking, My curiosity was forever stoked! 



Years of practice have taken me down various paths with extraordinary teachers. I have been most influenced by my early studies and friendship with Rodney Yee; intensive studies with David Life and Sharon Gannon of Jivamukti in New York City; Yin yoga with Sarah Powers; and the teachings of the 8 Limb Path of Ashtanga as taught by lineage bearer, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, his descendants and torch bearers and other teachers who have been authorized to teach this magnificently rewarding yoga practice. Daily Ashtanga Mysore Practice is my primary practice as a student and informs my methods as a teacher of the traditional series as well as Vinyasa Flow classes. 

I completed my first 200 hour teacher training with Yoga Studio Mill Valley in 2002 and have participated in a variety of other teacher trainings with the above teachers and other prominent teachers around the globe. I teach classes infused with philosophy and teachings from the ancient yogic texts along with other wisdom traditions. I offer this within the context of a challenging physical practice with both specificity and respect to these traditions as well as with broad strokes to expose the common ground these traditions share. I give with generosity of spirit, taking each student's individual abilities and needs in mind. Classes present deep asana sequences that connect breath to movement and invite inquiry within our explorations together.


 
Striking a balance between yoga, creating art, enjoying music, exploring the world's natural wonders with friends and family, travel, writing, outdoor adventure and recreation, and enjoying the simple moments with quiet and attentive reverence is my life's path.

Come join me on this journey of discovery! 





CONTACT me at marycorbin@hotmail.com








MY OTHER WEBSITES: 

Mary Corbin Art

Mary Corbin Writes

Momma Wheelie

Where in the World are Tom and Mary














<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?